Monday, November 28, 2011

The battle between the turkey and the lesson plan

Consider me a glutton, but I love Thanksgiving.  I look forward to this one day of eating all year long.  I eat so much food all day long, that by the end of the day I am paralyzed by tryptophan and almost put into a food coma on the couch for multiple hours before I have the strength and will to get up and move to my bed.  This year was no different, but in the back of my mind was the looming unit plan.  As I lay incredibly uncomfortably on the couch it was not only my stomach that was bothering me, but my brain focusing on all the work that waited for me this weekend.  Be it ill planning on my part, or procrastination I am not willing to say, but my lazy weekend quickly became not so lazy.  While slaving away on this project I felt like I was following the rubric to the T, and I thought my work was well thought out.  The unit plan took a bit longer than I had anticipated, and interfered with my weekend long food hangover from leftovers, but in the end the lesson plan won out and I will just have to save my gluttonous weekend for the winter weeks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment