Today we discussed the importance of all types of health issue that need to be addressed in class. Health is not just about physical health, but also about mental and emotional health. I think the most important thing I got from class was the first activity; the concept map. I hope to get lots of different ideas about community building and initial engaging ideas to any subject that I will teach (in this case health).
I feel like I will need more practice with concept maps until I will feel comfortable using it my own classroom, but I think it can be an effective tool to see the growth of students from the beginning to the end of a project. Not only does it allow the students to show what they know, but also how it all connects. I can see how the concept map could potentially be chaotic, but I also think that it is a good way for all students to be included and have an input. It will also help fill in gaps that other students may not have been thinking of. For example, in my group's concept map we forgot about issues such as anorexia and bulimia. But, seeing and hearing other groups we will be able to think about different ideas and subjects at the end of the quarter when we revisit our initial ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment