Tuesday, June 28, 2011

relay race

We started our class last Thursday with a relay race.  The relay race was a way to start a lesson on bones. It was a good way to get the students excited about a new subject and also allows them to learn outside the classroom.  I liked this approach to starting a new unit.  This activity helped me think about the importance of hook, and the value of getting the students actively engaged with the material.

After we did the race we came back into the classroom and discussed lesson plans.  Looking at the GLEs and EARs with a group to start was very helpful.  I was glad to see how many different EARs can be covered in a single lesson.  I was concerned about hitting all the different EARs that are required in a year.  It seemed overwhelming, so going over this aspect of lessons plans in class was reassuring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment