Here is my Where I am From poem one more time.
I am from a land of starry nights wearing a mask of silver clouds and dancing rain.
Alexandria R. SuchanI am from ice cold sodas and otter pop stained clothes
I am from recycling before it was “green”
I am from hugs and kisses and glasses of water
I am from night time stories in bed
I am from flowers in braided hair and nail polished fingers
I am from bare foot stubbed toes on black lava streets
I am from piles of leaves and tree-houses
I am from jack frost mornings and frozen car windows
I am from “you’re not going anywhere young lady!”
I am from sneaking out front doors while parents sleep
I am from many perfect not close to perfection first kisses
I am from tears stains on my bunk-bed pillow cases
I am from respect, support, tough love, and sweet love
I am from a home that will always be a place I can call home
I am from a family that will cherish every memory we've shared together
No comments:
Post a Comment